Primary Language Lessons by Emma Serl (Homeschooling Down Under Version)
Tags for Primary Language Lessons by Emma Serl (Homeschooling Down Under Version)
MOST RECENTLY LIKED CONTENT
|[Team E] Ground Breaking, Frontier pushing Apprentices liked on: 03/10/2014 - 09:43|
|ELL, English, ESL, Mr. Eaton's Students, Oral English, reading, TEFL, TESL, writing, [Team E] Ground Breaking, Frontier Pushing Apprentices, First Grade, Preschool, Kindergarten, Language|
|Like(2)| Hate(0) | Should Use?(1) Using?(2) Have Used? (1)|
|ZORK Iliked on: 03/09/2014 - 21:48|
|All / General Elementary Level, All / General High School, All / General Junior Highschool, Computer Game, Educational Game, Learning game, MIT, Nostalgic Game, Text Game, Unspecified / All Levels, First Grade, Ninth Grade, Seventh Grade, Eighth Grade, Second Grade, Tenth Grade, Computer Science, Information & General Works, Eleventh Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Twelfth Grade, Fifth Grade, Language, University / College, Homeschool, Sixth Grade, Special Needs / Special Education, Technology, Open Learning Development|
|Like(1)| Hate(0) | Should Use?(1) Using?(1) Have Used? (1)|
|School House Rock : My Hero Zeroliked on: 03/02/2014 - 08:47|
|All Preschool / Kindergarten, American Culture, Classic, English, ESL, Math, music, numbers, song, Video, First Grade, Preschool, Kindergarten, Second Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade, Language, Sixth Grade|
|Like(1)| Hate(0) | Should Use?(1) Using?(1) Have Used? (1)|
SITE-WIDE ITEMS PEOPLE FIND USEFUL:
|FuntoLearn Shapes and Opposites useful on:|
|colors, Colours, Educational Level, English, ESL, General / All Subjects, non-distributed, opposites, Shapes, Workbook, First Grade, Preschool, Preschool / Kindergarten, Elementary School, Kindergarten, Language|
|Like(1)| Hate(0) | Should Use?(2) Using?(0) Have Used? (1)|
RECENT SITEWIDE CONTENTS
|RE: [CASE] [BOBBY] [ENGLISH] Treasures, A Reading/Language Arts Program, Grade 1, Book 1 Student Edition [N1] [RED] comments:(1)
3 weeks 5 days ago
|English Case, [HOMESCHOOL CASE], First Grade, Language|
This is from an Australia homeschooling site that can be useful for Grade 1-Grade Three. This is not the orginal , and I will get the original and add it to the site for future use. Added to the to do list.This
Primary Language Lessons by Emma Serl.
A Charming English Resource For Grade 2 And 3
Originally written in 1911, this language arts resource has so much to offer.
- variety so your child won’t get bored
- flexibility so you can work at your child’s pace
- no forward planning needed, just purchase, print and pick up
- Australian and New Zealand content and spelling version available, no adaptation required
- holistic literature based lessons that suit a Charlotte Mason, Classical and Ruth Beechick style education.
Why Do Homeschoolers Like This English Program?
"I have used a few language arts curriculums over the years and none seem to fit just right BUT Primary Language Lessons comes pretty close. This is a simple straightforward curriculum that cuts out the busy work and gets children writing, reading and thinking." Michelle
Here are some other comments by homeschool mothers when describing this resource:
- it’s easy to teach
- the grammar lessons are gentle
- it’s not intimidating for the child
- children can work at their own level
Combining different grade students for teaching is an additional bonus when using this resource. I have taught my advanced Year One child and Grade Three student simultaneously and they have enjoyed learning together and comparing notes.
Simple Yet Effective
Copywork, dictation and narration lessons are based on good models and excellent literature.
Spelling, grammar and punctuation is taught in context with usage. Drill on correct forms of speech and words are given.
The composition exercises are often connected to the previous lessons.
Observation lessons, picture study and poetry are also used to encourage vocabulary building and thinking skills.
Built In Teacher’s Guide—No Preparation Required
At the beginning of this ebook we have extended the teacher’s suggestions to give you confidence and make teaching this resource simple. All of the lessons are self explanatory andyou can just pick up the book each day and start the lesson.
Only a Notebook Needed —No Extra Books or Materials to Purchase
You don't need to buy any other books or read alouds to go with this resource. The relevant passages are all provided within this resource. All you need is a notebook for your lessons.
Recommended by Laura Berquist —Classical Education Author
Author of Design Your Own Classical Curriculum suggests that this is her preferred English lessons program. She suggests that you make it work for you, don't be afraid to skip lessons that may not interest your child.
Complete Over One Or Two Years
There are 160 lessons in the ebook.
You will need to allocate approximately 20 minutes, two to three times a week, for 30 weeks of the year to finish this resource in 2 years.
This easy pace makes incorporating other English lessons into your child’s schedule possible. If desired you can easily add extra:
If you want to work through the resource faster this is also achievable. When your child easily masters a concept you can do a few lessons at a time. Your child will not be rushed—you set the pace.
After finishing Primary Language Lessons you can commence Intermediate Language Lessons.
Australian and New Zealand Edition
Some lessons have been substituted from the original version to include:
- British spelling (Australian and New Zealand spelling)
- Australian picture study
- Australian and New Zealand poetry and prose
- Australian and New Zealand observation lessons
- Australian and New Zealand writing assignments.
- Draw Write Now, Book 5: The United States, From Sea to Sea, Moving Forward (Draw-Write-Now) (60.0%)
- Grammar and Punctuation, Grade 2 (60.0%)
- Home Geography for Primary Grades enthusistis (60.0%)
- Classical Writing - Aesop - Student Workbook A (60.0%)
- Word By Word Picture Dictionary (60.0%)
- Handbook of Vocabulary Teaching Strategies: Communication Activities with the Word by Word Picture Dictionary (60.0%)
- Oxford Grammar Friends 1 Student Book (60.0%)
- Essential Grammar in Use With Answers: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Elementary Students of English (53.3%)
- Designing Language Courses: A Guide for Teachers (53.3%)
- Becoming Biliterate: A Study of Two-Way Bilingual Immersion Education (53.3%)
- Primary Languages in Practice: A Guide to Teaching and Learning (53.3%)
- Language Minority Students in American Schools: An Education in English (ESL & Applied Linguistics Professional Series) (53.3%)
ROBOT @ THECENTEROFTHENET SUGGESTS:
- Under, Over, by the Clover: What Is a Preposition? (Words Are Categorical)
- The Swedish Drill Teacher (1910)
- It's True! A Bushfire Burned My Dunny Down (Bonnie and Sam)
- Complete Version of Ye Three Blind Mice 1868
- Grammar Games: Cognitive, Affective and Drama Activities for EFL Students
- Oxford Primary Skills 3: Skills Book
- New Grammar Time 5
- Grammar Survival: A Teacher's Toolkit
- The Teacher's Grammar Book
- Primary Reading Box: Reading activities and puzzles for younger learners (Cambridge Copy Collection)
24 HOUR MOST VIEWED:
SITE-WIDE RECENTLY HATED
|The Grammar Activity Book: A Resource Book of Grammar Games for Young Students (Cambridge Copy Collection) disliked on:08/26/2013 - 21:32|
|Activities, Activity book, All / General High School, All / General Junior Highschool, ELL, ESL, Grammar, Language, Student Textbook, teacher reference, TEFL, TESL, TESOL, Workbook, Ninth Grade, Seventh Grade, Eighth Grade, Second Grade, Tenth Grade, Eleventh Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Twelfth Grade, Fifth Grade, University / College, Literature, Sixth Grade|
|(0)| Don't Like(1) | Should Use?(1) (0) (0)|
|Fantastic Flyers Pupil's Book: An Activity-based Course for Young Learners (Delta Young Learners English) disliked on:08/25/2013 - 17:08|
|EFL, ELL, English, ESL, Student Textbook, student workbook, TEFL, TESL, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade, Language, Sixth Grade|
|(0)| Don't Like(1) | Should Use?(0) (0) (0)|