Primary Language Lessons by Emma Serl (Homeschooling Down Under Version)
MOST RECENTLY LIKED CONTENT
|[SITE INTRO] Welcome to The Center Of The Net Part 1liked on: 08/15/2014 - 00:34|
|Mission Statement, Site Information, Unspecified / All Levels, Open Learning Development|
|Like(1)| Hate(0) | Should Use?(0) Using?(0) Have Used? (0)|
SITE-WIDE ITEMS PEOPLE FIND USEFUL:
|FuntoLearn Shapes and Opposites useful on:|
|colors, Colours, Educational Level, English, ESL, General / All Subjects, non-distributed, opposites, Shapes, Workbook, First Grade, Preschool, Preschool / Kindergarten, Elementary School, Kindergarten, Language|
|Like(1)| Hate(0) | Should Use?(2) Using?(0) Have Used? (1)|
RECENT SITEWIDE CONTENTS
|RE: [FAQ] #4 Detailed Instructions on how to Create a project. comments:(1)
9 hours 5 min ago
|I am currently creating the tutorial on how to create cases for the projects, and then I will create guides on how to use them for homeschool & small class planning. Stay tuned working as hard as I can :)|
|FAQ, Help, project management, Projects, tasks, tutorial, Unspecified / All Levels, Open Learning Development|
This is from an Australia homeschooling site that can be useful for Grade 1-Grade Three. This is not the orginal , and I will get the original and add it to the site for future use. Added to the to do list.This
Primary Language Lessons by Emma Serl.
A Charming English Resource For Grade 2 And 3
Originally written in 1911, this language arts resource has so much to offer.
- variety so your child won’t get bored
- flexibility so you can work at your child’s pace
- no forward planning needed, just purchase, print and pick up
- Australian and New Zealand content and spelling version available, no adaptation required
- holistic literature based lessons that suit a Charlotte Mason, Classical and Ruth Beechick style education.
Why Do Homeschoolers Like This English Program?
"I have used a few language arts curriculums over the years and none seem to fit just right BUT Primary Language Lessons comes pretty close. This is a simple straightforward curriculum that cuts out the busy work and gets children writing, reading and thinking." Michelle
Here are some other comments by homeschool mothers when describing this resource:
- it’s easy to teach
- the grammar lessons are gentle
- it’s not intimidating for the child
- children can work at their own level
Combining different grade students for teaching is an additional bonus when using this resource. I have taught my advanced Year One child and Grade Three student simultaneously and they have enjoyed learning together and comparing notes.
Simple Yet Effective
Copywork, dictation and narration lessons are based on good models and excellent literature.
Spelling, grammar and punctuation is taught in context with usage. Drill on correct forms of speech and words are given.
The composition exercises are often connected to the previous lessons.
Observation lessons, picture study and poetry are also used to encourage vocabulary building and thinking skills.
Built In Teacher’s Guide—No Preparation Required
At the beginning of this ebook we have extended the teacher’s suggestions to give you confidence and make teaching this resource simple. All of the lessons are self explanatory andyou can just pick up the book each day and start the lesson.
Only a Notebook Needed —No Extra Books or Materials to Purchase
You don't need to buy any other books or read alouds to go with this resource. The relevant passages are all provided within this resource. All you need is a notebook for your lessons.
Recommended by Laura Berquist —Classical Education Author
Author of Design Your Own Classical Curriculum suggests that this is her preferred English lessons program. She suggests that you make it work for you, don't be afraid to skip lessons that may not interest your child.
Complete Over One Or Two Years
There are 160 lessons in the ebook.
You will need to allocate approximately 20 minutes, two to three times a week, for 30 weeks of the year to finish this resource in 2 years.
This easy pace makes incorporating other English lessons into your child’s schedule possible. If desired you can easily add extra:
If you want to work through the resource faster this is also achievable. When your child easily masters a concept you can do a few lessons at a time. Your child will not be rushed—you set the pace.
After finishing Primary Language Lessons you can commence Intermediate Language Lessons.
Australian and New Zealand Edition
Some lessons have been substituted from the original version to include:
- British spelling (Australian and New Zealand spelling)
- Australian picture study
- Australian and New Zealand poetry and prose
- Australian and New Zealand observation lessons
- Australian and New Zealand writing assignments.
- BOGGLESWORLD: Comparing and Contrasting Superlative Adjectives (66.7%)
- I and You and Don't Forget Who: What Is a Pronoun? (Words Are Categorical) (60.0%)
- Schoolhouse Rock - The Tale of Mr Norton (Subject-Predicate) (60.0%)
- Draw Write Now, Book 5: The United States, From Sea to Sea, Moving Forward (Draw-Write-Now) (60.0%)
- Grammar and Punctuation, Grade 2 (60.0%)
- Home Geography for Primary Grades enthusistis (60.0%)
- Classical Writing - Aesop - Student Workbook A (60.0%)
- Word By Word Picture Dictionary (60.0%)
- Handbook of Vocabulary Teaching Strategies: Communication Activities with the Word by Word Picture Dictionary (60.0%)
- Oxford Grammar Friends 1 Student Book (60.0%)
- Schoolhouse Rock: Interjections! (53.3%)
- 20 Hungry Piggies: A Number Book (Millbrook Picture Books) (53.3%)
ROBOT @ THECENTEROFTHENET SUGGESTS:
- Home Geography for Primary Grades enthusistis
- There was an old Woman Who Swalloed A Fly (Bogglesworld ESL Version)
- The Swedish Drill Teacher (1910)
- Under, Over, by the Clover: What Is a Preposition? (Words Are Categorical)
- Grammar with Laughter: Photocopiable Exercises for Instant Lessons
- It's True! A Bushfire Burned My Dunny Down (Bonnie and Sam)
- 33 Ways to Help with Spelling: Supporting Children who Struggle with Basic Skills,
- Complete Version of Ye Three Blind Mice 1868
- Classical Writing- Aesop- Student Workbook A
- Grammar and Punctuation, Grade 2
24 HOUR MOST VIEWED:
SITE-WIDE RECENTLY HATED
|The Grammar Activity Book: A Resource Book of Grammar Games for Young Students (Cambridge Copy Collection) disliked on:08/26/2013 - 21:32|
|Activities, Activity book, All / General High School, All / General Junior Highschool, ELL, ESL, Grammar, Language, Student Textbook, teacher reference, TEFL, TESL, TESOL, Workbook, Ninth Grade, Seventh Grade, Eighth Grade, Second Grade, Tenth Grade, Eleventh Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Twelfth Grade, Fifth Grade, University / College, Literature, Sixth Grade|
|(0)| Don't Like(1) | Should Use?(1) (0) (0)|
|Fantastic Flyers Pupil's Book: An Activity-based Course for Young Learners (Delta Young Learners English) disliked on:08/25/2013 - 17:08|
|EFL, ELL, English, ESL, Student Textbook, student workbook, TEFL, TESL, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade, Language, Sixth Grade|
|(0)| Don't Like(1) | Should Use?(0) (0) (0)|