Primary Language Lessons by Emma Serl (Homeschooling Down Under Version)
Tags for Primary Language Lessons by Emma Serl (Homeschooling Down Under Version)
MOST RECENTLY LIKED CONTENT
|A Great Grade 1-6 Book Report Writing A-Z Collectionliked on: 09/06/2013 - 23:02|
|All / General Elementary Level, Book Report, composition, English, ESL, Language, Research, writing, First Grade, Second Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade, Language, Sixth Grade|
|Like(1)| Hate(0) | Should Use?(1) Using?(1) Have Used? (1)|
SITE-WIDE ITEMS PEOPLE FIND USEFUL:
|FuntoLearn Shapes and Opposites useful on:|
|colors, Colours, Educational Level, English, ESL, General / All Subjects, non-distributed, opposites, Shapes, Workbook, First Grade, Preschool, Preschool / Kindergarten, Elementary School, Kindergarten, Language|
|Like(1)| Hate(0) | Should Use?(2) Using?(0) Have Used? (1)|
RECENT SITEWIDE CONTENTS
|RE: [MAP] [BW1] [BOBBY] comments:(1)
1 day 22 hours ago
|the gayly oklahoman ,free gay bi pic postmarco hotel cagayan de oro city,jay sean gay gay germany pirna arab young gaysgay free full videos,gay brother sex story 100 gay dating site gay fuck hardcore,free gay mobile stream,old on boy gay movies naked...|
|General / All Subjects, Weekly Homeschool Plan, [BOBBY], Kindergarten|
|RE: [LESSON PLAN] 11.08 [TEAM A] Future Hope comments:(1)
4 weeks 5 days ago
|Check HW ---- week 5---- many behind :( Spelling Test---- very poor[CASE] Colorful Rhymes (For Junior and Senior K.G.) nc[CASE] Mary Mack Hand clapping Song Chant review NC[CASE] Fold and Say: A to Z and More Mini-Books With Workbook Cd RO...|
|ESL Lesson Plan, [TEAM A], First Grade, Language|
|RE: [LESSON PLAN] 11.05 [TEAM B] Future Explorers comments:(1)
5 weeks 10 hours ago
|Stop, Drop, and Flop in the Slop (Sounds Like Reading) (OK First 5) [CASE] Daily Handwriting Practice: Contemporary Cursive Give week 12/13 for hw nc give 14-16 [CASE] Fold and Say: A to Z and More Mini-Books With Workbook Cd ROM Combo Did Asleep [C...|
|ESL Lesson Plan, [TEAM B], Second Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Language|
|RE: [LESSON PLAN] 11.9 [TEAM D] Saturday Night Pioneers Club! comments:(1)
5 weeks 3 days ago
|Spelling Test okHarvey needs the yellow ncBob Books book give 1-11 & 1-12 read 1/10 give beth #10 okgive 24-30 orage for harvy, 31-40 for everyone nc***[CASE] Colorful Rhymes (For Junior and Senior K.G.) NCgive cursive week 15, week 2 for ha...|
|ESL Lesson Plan, [TEAM D], First Grade, Language|
This is from an Australia homeschooling site that can be useful for Grade 1-Grade Three. This is not the orginal , and I will get the original and add it to the site for future use. Added to the to do list.This
Primary Language Lessons by Emma Serl.
A Charming English Resource For Grade 2 And 3
Originally written in 1911, this language arts resource has so much to offer.
- variety so your child won’t get bored
- flexibility so you can work at your child’s pace
- no forward planning needed, just purchase, print and pick up
- Australian and New Zealand content and spelling version available, no adaptation required
- holistic literature based lessons that suit a Charlotte Mason, Classical and Ruth Beechick style education.
Why Do Homeschoolers Like This English Program?
"I have used a few language arts curriculums over the years and none seem to fit just right BUT Primary Language Lessons comes pretty close. This is a simple straightforward curriculum that cuts out the busy work and gets children writing, reading and thinking." Michelle
Here are some other comments by homeschool mothers when describing this resource:
- it’s easy to teach
- the grammar lessons are gentle
- it’s not intimidating for the child
- children can work at their own level
Combining different grade students for teaching is an additional bonus when using this resource. I have taught my advanced Year One child and Grade Three student simultaneously and they have enjoyed learning together and comparing notes.
Simple Yet Effective
Copywork, dictation and narration lessons are based on good models and excellent literature.
Spelling, grammar and punctuation is taught in context with usage. Drill on correct forms of speech and words are given.
The composition exercises are often connected to the previous lessons.
Observation lessons, picture study and poetry are also used to encourage vocabulary building and thinking skills.
Built In Teacher’s Guide—No Preparation Required
At the beginning of this ebook we have extended the teacher’s suggestions to give you confidence and make teaching this resource simple. All of the lessons are self explanatory andyou can just pick up the book each day and start the lesson.
Only a Notebook Needed —No Extra Books or Materials to Purchase
You don't need to buy any other books or read alouds to go with this resource. The relevant passages are all provided within this resource. All you need is a notebook for your lessons.
Recommended by Laura Berquist —Classical Education Author
Author of Design Your Own Classical Curriculum suggests that this is her preferred English lessons program. She suggests that you make it work for you, don't be afraid to skip lessons that may not interest your child.
Complete Over One Or Two Years
There are 160 lessons in the ebook.
You will need to allocate approximately 20 minutes, two to three times a week, for 30 weeks of the year to finish this resource in 2 years.
This easy pace makes incorporating other English lessons into your child’s schedule possible. If desired you can easily add extra:
If you want to work through the resource faster this is also achievable. When your child easily masters a concept you can do a few lessons at a time. Your child will not be rushed—you set the pace.
After finishing Primary Language Lessons you can commence Intermediate Language Lessons.
Australian and New Zealand Edition
Some lessons have been substituted from the original version to include:
- British spelling (Australian and New Zealand spelling)
- Australian picture study
- Australian and New Zealand poetry and prose
- Australian and New Zealand observation lessons
- Australian and New Zealand writing assignments.
- Grammar and Punctuation, Grade 2 (60.0%)
- Home Geography for Primary Grades enthusistis (60.0%)
- Classical Writing - Aesop - Student Workbook A (60.0%)
- Word By Word Picture Dictionary (60.0%)
- Handbook of Vocabulary Teaching Strategies: Communication Activities with the Word by Word Picture Dictionary (60.0%)
- Oxford Grammar Friends 1 Student Book (60.0%)
- Essential Grammar in Use With Answers: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Elementary Students of English (53.3%)
- Designing Language Courses: A Guide for Teachers (53.3%)
- Becoming Biliterate: A Study of Two-Way Bilingual Immersion Education (53.3%)
- Primary Languages in Practice: A Guide to Teaching and Learning (53.3%)
- Language Minority Students in American Schools: An Education in English (ESL & Applied Linguistics Professional Series) (53.3%)
- Teaching Your Child to Love Learning: A Guide to Doing Projects at Home (53.3%)
ROBOT @ THECENTEROFTHENET SUGGESTS:
- Home Geography for Primary Grades enthusistis
- Under, Over, by the Clover: What Is a Preposition? (Words Are Categorical)
- Carnival of Homeschooling October 1, 2013
- 33 Ways to Help with Spelling: Supporting Children who Struggle with Basic Skills,
- Grammar with Laughter: Photocopiable Exercises for Instant Lessons
- The Swedish Drill Teacher (1910)
- Classical Writing- Aesop- Student Workbook A
- Spelling Steps 1
- The power drill grammar book
- Grammar and Punctuation, Grade 2
24 HOUR MOST VIEWED:
|The Pied Piper of Hamlin views today:(63)|
|All / General High School, All / General Junior Highschool, Animals, childrens literature, Childrens Rhymes, Fairy Take, Mice, old book, poetry, rhymes, Ninth Grade, Seventh Grade, Eighth Grade, Tenth Grade, Eleventh Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Twelfth Grade, Fifth Grade, University / College, Literature, Sixth Grade|
|(1)| (0) | (1) (0) (0)|
SITE-WIDE RECENTLY HATED
|How Do Hybrid Cars Work? (Science In The Real World) disliked on:08/27/2013 - 10:49|
|All / General Junior Highschool, Alternative Energy, Engineering, Environment, Green Cars, Hybrid Cars, Renewable Energy, Renewable Resources, Science, Science In The Real World, Seventh Grade, Eighth Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade, Sixth Grade, Science|
|(0)| Don't Like(1) | Should Use?(1) (0) (0)|
|The Grammar Activity Book: A Resource Book of Grammar Games for Young Students (Cambridge Copy Collection) disliked on:08/26/2013 - 21:32|
|Activities, Activity book, All / General High School, All / General Junior Highschool, ELL, ESL, Grammar, Language, Student Textbook, teacher reference, TEFL, TESL, TESOL, Workbook, Ninth Grade, Seventh Grade, Eighth Grade, Second Grade, Tenth Grade, Eleventh Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Twelfth Grade, Fifth Grade, University / College, Literature, Sixth Grade|
|(0)| Don't Like(1) | Should Use?(1) (0) (0)|
|Fantastic Flyers Pupil's Book: An Activity-based Course for Young Learners (Delta Young Learners English) disliked on:08/25/2013 - 17:08|
|EFL, ELL, English, ESL, Student Textbook, student workbook, TEFL, TESL, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade, Language, Sixth Grade|
|(0)| Don't Like(1) | Should Use?(0) (0) (0)|